So on friday i took the bus into the city, and the bus service is notoriously unreliable during lunch hour. It took me forever to actually get into the city, and we stopped at every single bloody traffic light! argh! Talk about Murphy's Law.. And all this while my excitement/ fear was building up. I kept thinking, the next time I'm in a bus I'll be bald!
I got off and ran in. So many people were there! Thank you all for coming to support us! There were 4 hairdressers. After TONS of pre-shave pics, we finally got into the chairs. Since my hair was longish, Trevor (who cut my hair) asked if I wanted to save it, and I said yes. So he plaited it and then started shaving. In the meantime, S's hair was being snipped off by our friends. I wanted in on the action, so got up and snipped some off myself.
And the shave began. Surprisingly, I was totally calm throughout. I think many people expected me to have a panic attack, with wings flapping and all, heck, even I did, but it didn't happen. And no, I didn't cry either. Can't believe some people thought I would -.- We both had asked for a mohawk before fully shaving. Trevor said he couldn't do it for me but he'd make a pretend mohawk. Since he was saving my hair while shaving it (HAHA) he shaved the sides off, then piled on all the hair on top for the pictures. Then he handed me a mirror. I nearly ran away from myself! OMG - I looked like one of those punks you don't want to mess with. The only thing I was missing were multiple piercings.
Then he shaved everything off. And I was given a mirror again. I got the shock of my life the 2nd time. Lots of people said it looked like me as a child, bald. But I don't see the resemblance, honestly. Then I went on to have my head coloured with spray paint. Whatever hair that was left on it, anyway. I asked for pink and purple polka dots, cos polka dots are SO ME! But the spray was too diffuse and it looked bad, so they gave me a pink head with polka dots that just ended up looking like a mutated ladybird -.-
So many people congratulated me as I was walking inside the building to get my errands done. Yay! Then we went to have lunch. We turned quite a few heads. I guess that was the point all along.
It soon got cold for our heads so we put on our WGS beanies. They are so awesomely warm! Unfortunately there's purple paint on the inside of mine! It took 4 rounds of shampooing to get it all off! And even after that, I apparently had a spot of purple on the back of my head. It looked like someone had punched me in the head!
"Mirror mirror on the wall, when did all my hair fall?"

No comments:
Post a Comment